Obstetrics - migrated filshie clips:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "migrated filshie clips"

-early 2019 while pregnant I did paperwork for insurance purposes from my OBGYN for a tubal ligation approval. In the paperwork there were a few methods of ways they could sterilize me. Filshie s clips were listed as a method.

  • early August I gave birth to my third child after 26 hours of Labor. About 8 hours later the next day I was taken down to the surgery room for my surgery. Dr 1 is what I will call her who was to do the surgery and formed me that the only way she performed tubal ligation was with filshie clips. I explain that the only paperwork I signed didn't have that method of sterilization listed on it. She had me sign another piece of paper and that was it. I was sent off to surgery not know what filshie clips were. With no informed decision. This was definitely a huge curve ball.

  • the first year after getting filshie clips placed in my tubes weren't great. Anytime I would move too quickly, get up too fast, sit down to fast I would have pulling sensation and my pelvis. Eventually that turned to a stabbing pain on the left side of my pelvis. Sometimes it worsens to where no mater position I'm in I find no comfort. This was mentioned during my 6 week check and yearly appointments.

  • at the beginning of 2020 I scheduled an appointment with Dr 1obgyn who did my surgery. About the stabbing pain in the left side of my pelvis and because I was always itchy. I explained that I thought my clips have migrated. She was reluctant to give me a Papsmear because she thought I was getting old and my body was changing at 27 years old. She did the paps and it was normal. She said it was unlikely that my clips had migrated. Nothing further was done to figure this out.

-i was upset so I scheduled an appt a few week later with Dr. 2 my primary care doctor at completely different practice. He ran all of the tests he thought of and I thought of which included a Papsmear. He really tried to help me. But he's not an obgyn and there was only so much he could do. Everything was normal.

  • towards the end of 2020 I scheduled an appointment with Dr. 3 obgyn who works at an office associated with the same practice that Dr. 1 works at. I told him about the sharp stabbing pain on the left side of my pelvis and how it started after my tubal ligation with filshie clips. I also told him about the itchiness I was experiencing. He did my 3rd Papsmear which came back normal. And determined that I had the beginning signs of a prolapse and that my itchiness was related to me leaking urine throughout the day. I asked if he thought it could still be a possibility that my clips had migrated and were causing the chronic pain on the left side of my pelvis and he said that very rarely happens. He just scheduled me with PFT.

  • At the beginning of 2022 I scheduled an appointment with Dr. 4 obgyn who is also associated with the same practice as Dr. 1 and Dr. 3. This time I specifically went in for the stabbing pain in the left side of my pelvis. I explained I thought my filshie clips had migrated. She said that's unlikely and didn't believe it. This doctor did my 4th Papsmear. It came back normal. She has the ability to view my chart and see that I was diagnosed with a prolapse and already had an ultrasound but I also verbally let her know of these things. She decided that I needed another ultrasound. I was under the impression the ultrasound was to check that my chips were in place. We had a virtual appointment about my ultrasound and over the appointment she stated that my clips were still on my tubes in the right place. A few weeks go by and I am in almost unbearable pain. I messaged her through my MyChart asking her to re-review my ultrasound to verify that my clips were actually in place. She messaged me back stating that ultrasound cannot detect filshie clips. I what's upset by this and asked why she would perform an unnecessary ultrasound as I already had one just a few months prior. It took her a few days to contact me. But when she did contact me she reached me over phone. She told me that filshie s clips are supposed to be placed on the tubes, they are supposed to disintegrate the tube, and fall off into the pelvis. And then she told me that she thinks I should contact Dr. 3 to do l laparoscopic surgery to determine whether or not I have endometriosis.

  • I decided to reach out to my primary care doctor. Dr. 2 and explain to him all of this. He ordered an x-ray. In the X-ray you can clearly see that I have no clips located on the right side of my pelvis. All of the clips are located on the left side of my pelvis where all of my chronic pain has been. A few days go by and my primary care doctor had his nurse contact me to read his review. In his review he stated that it appears that all of my clips were where they were supposed to be at and thought I had arthritis. I ended up having a panic attack over the phone with this poor nurse and saying that I was never going to get the help that I needed. Did he even review the actual image of the x-ray? Does he not know where my reproductive organs are supposed to be when I am laying flat on my back for an x-ray of my pelvis? Does he not understand that these clips are supposed to clip on both tubes and that a female has a tube on the left and the right side of her uterus? I definitely don't have any abnormities inside of my body.

This my x ray

https://www.reddit.com/r/obgyn/comments/v0knfm/migrated_filshie_clips_chronic_pain_dismissive/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

This is NOT joint paint. This is NOT spine pain. This pain start immediately after my surgery.

-after I settle down I ended up going to the hospital because I was in pain like always. The hospital members took everything I said very seriously after I explained everything from above. They ended up doing a CT scan. So I do now have proof in a CT that one set of clips have migrated to the left side of my pelvis. I also have their written report. I also have proof I don't have arthritis in my hips from this scan.

-I have an appointment on Tuesday with Dr. 3 obgyn. I will be bringing my x-ray and my CT scan with report from the hospital.

How can I get my OBGYNs to take this seriously? They do not want to acknowledge the pain that I am in. Seems like they don't want to do anything until one of these clips actually punctures one of my organs. I want both of the migrated clips out. I also want the clips that are still on my left tube out so that I never have the possibility of going through this again. I also want to bilateral salpingectomy.

The only way I know how to describe the pain is in the left side of my pelvis. And that the pain is stopping and sometimes it is so bad that no matter what position I'm in and I cannot find comfort. Is there another way based off of my x-ray I should be describing this for my doctor to understand other than in the left side of my pelvis?

How can I be a better advocate for myself on tuesday?

If any of decided to take the time to even read this or leave a comment I really appreciate. I am at lost at how to get my doctors to help me.

submitted by /u/Forsaken_Average9325
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments