Obstetrics - Pregnant and unsure of father - seeking opinions:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Pregnant and unsure of father - seeking opinions"

This is a really complicated scenario so I’m gonna cut right to the facts, based on what I know.

I was previously on birth control, NuvaRing. I know I wasn’t using it properly during this time. I had left the nuvaring in a few extra days before I took it out to have my period.

I had sex with a guy on March 12. We did not use a condom but he pulled out and did his thing elsewhere. (I know how it works and that that doesn’t mean 100% no sperm was in vagina) Started then period the next day on the 13th. I can’t remember much about this period if it was regular or light or how long it lasted, not sure if that matters but I did bleed.

I then had sex with another guy (ex boyfriend of 2 years) on March 21st. This guy completely ejaculated inside me like we always did when my birth control was normal. I never put my new nuvaring back in after my period.

On March 25th I remember having pinkish discharge, which I brought up to my dr. On April 1st who said it could be from my cervix being irritated bc she noticed it was when k was there for what seems to be a yeast infection. I was tested for pregnancy and it was negative.

On april 21, I take a pregnancy test and it’s positive.

On may 9th I have my first OB appointment and find out there are twins. I was told one baby was 8w4d and one is 8w0d. Based on that I used a conception calendar online and the dates pointed to the ex boyfriend on the 21st.

Since I can’t do a paternity test until birth now, things are a little complicated. I have a strong gut feeling the babies are my ex boyfriends, and we’ve told his family they are. But in the back of my head I know it’s possible they aren’t and I don’t know how to proceed in this pregnancy.

Thanks for any thoughts. Yes I know this is a damn mess.

submitted by /u/Spirited_Koala_1013
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments