Obstetrics - Another iud or different method when trying to conceive in 18 months:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Another iud or different method when trying to conceive in 18 months"

I’m 32F and I’ve had a Mirena iud since October 2016. Prior to Mirena, I tried lo lestrin Fe and nuva ring but felt a lot of brain fog. My normal periods were very painful.

When I went to the doctor at 5 years, she said Mirena was recently approved for 7 years so there was no rush to remove unless I was having symptoms. In the past six months, I’ve had some spotting (after no period for years) but otherwise all good.

I’m getting married in September of next year and want to start trying to conceive then (but not before) since I’ll be 33. If you were in my position, would you:

  1. Have Mirena removed and replaced with a fresh one? Pros: I know how I react, low/non existent periods Cons: a lot of ouch for a short period of time, complicated to schedule
  2. Remove Mirena and take the pill from now until TTC? Pros: TTC is on my own schedule—getting doctor appointments is difficult here. Cons: not sure about the pill and mental health but I am much more stable now
  3. Stick it out with the current Mirena until TTC/7 years? Pros: do nothing Cons: period is returning. would I risk ectopic pregnancy going to 7 years?
submitted by /u/strawberryfeelss
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments