Obstetrics - can't find a dr:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "can't find a dr"

I am wondering if anyone has any advice.

I haven't been to a gyno since 2017, as my former doctor doesn't take medicaid and I switched insurances.

Since then I have had trouble finding a gyno who accepts medicaid. Search results show me NONE who accept medicaid within 100 miles of me. The ones who did shut down.

For the last 6 months I have had spotting between periods and very very heavy periods (like soaking super maxi pads every two hours for an entire day), clots way bigger than a quarter, pain and bleeding after sex, pain and spotting during ovulation, weight gain, and decreased sex drive. I KNOW I need to see a Dr. I'm mid 30s and overweight.

I don't have a primary care Dr to refer me to a gyno. I am not sure what to do because I know I need to find out what's going on.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Dry_Alternative35
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments