Obstetrics - cervix and pelvic pain that won't resolve:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "cervix and pelvic pain that won't resolve"

chronic vaginal pain

27 female, 5'4", 126 lbs. On linessa 28 hormonal birth control, no other meds, non smoker, i dont drink. For the past year or so I have had really bad vaginal pain. I am not able to have sex at all because the inside of my vagina feels extremely raw and my cervix is very irritated and inflamed. I have tested negative for all the STI's, my Pap test came back normal, tested negative for bacterial vaginosis and yeast. Finally my family doctor took a look and he said my cervix is extremely inflamed and irritated. I have been on flagyl, metronidazole, and now I am just finishing up my 2 weeks on doxycycline and nothing has helped. I also got a pelvic ultrasound which came back normal, though I still have pelvic pain. The wait time to see a gynecologist in my city is around 6 months to a year and my family doctor can't figure out what's wrong with me. Can anyone help me please, I'm tired of being in pain and I am not able to have sex with my partner at all.

submitted by /u/SprinklesHappy
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments