Obstetrics - Dealing with incompetent OBGYN, now I need advice:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Dealing with incompetent OBGYN, now I need advice"

So I’m 36 weeks pregnant, and I told my Obgyn that I had slight itching in my vaginal area and I thought perhaps it could be BV. She tells me “Oh, I don’t think that’s what it is. When you’re pregnant you get a lot of discharge that can cause itching.” I was annoyed cuz I’m like, why can’t you just test it? So after a couple more weeks I ask her about it again and she tests me. The following week she tells me that I do have BV and she prescribed me metrogel for it, so I took it for the 5 days required and I went back today. She gave me the most violating and uncomfortable cervical check ever and I got tested for group b strep as well. I decided I don’t really want to go back, but I may need to in order to get my test results. My friend told me that if I have access to an online portal I could get my results that way without having to go back. I remembered that I had signed up and I went to look at it. Upon looking, I find out that the BV test that she gave me is showing up in the portal as negative. So WTF?? So she gave me metrogel for nothing? Will it do harm to me or my baby that I took metrogel without having BV? I’m a little worried but I don’t know who to ask because I don’t trust her.

submitted by /u/UnPoquitoStitious
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments