Obstetrics - Extreme pain after IUD:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Extreme pain after IUD"

I got my IUD about a month ago. After the first 2 days the pain from it was pretty much gone. Over the past 14 days I have had some of the worst pain I’ve ever had, specifically on the left side and radiating to the rest of my back and abdomen. It genuinely feels like being stabbed at the worst points. My period finally started about 7 days ago and is worse than ever. I’m going through a tampon every 2ish hours and it’s been a full week now.

I’ve always had really bad periods and cramps but normally for only about 5 ish days and not as constant/bad and the pain now. I’m wondering if anyone has any idea what might be going on. I know there’s an adjustment period for IUDs so I don’t want to go to the doctor over nothing. But I’m also worried something may be wrong like the IUD punctured or my ovarian cysts ruptured or caused something worse like torsion. It’s my first IUD so I really don’t know what’s normal

submitted by /u/spinx7
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments