Obstetrics - Pap smear had transformation zone absent. Should I retest for peace of mind?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Pap smear had transformation zone absent. Should I retest for peace of mind?"

I am a 31 yo female with a history of abnormal pap and HR HPV.

I recently got a pap smear after experiencing strange sharp cramps and watery discharge (more than is ususal). It was 3 years since my last pap.

I saw a new doctor who tested me and it came back negative and HPV negative. However, when I read the cytology report, I noticed the transformation zone was absent which is worrying me now because I feel something may be missed. My doctor says to come back in 5 years.

Should I get a re-test elsewhere? Why would a transformation zone not show up? My last gynecologicalist got it just fine.

submitted by /u/Throwaway_takeaway
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments