Obstetrics - Paragard to Nexplanon:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Paragard to Nexplanon"

I am on year 8 of Paragard and have just realized that my strings are likely missing.

My insertion was extremely traumatic… I’ve spoken with my OBGYN who assured me that the removal and reinsertion won’t be as painful because it’s now standard to use flexible plastic tools rather than rigid metal. That’s nice, but I’m still extremely afraid. This evening I realized I can’t feel my strings - historically I’ve been able to feel about two or three centimeters. I’m going to have them check it out ASAP of course, but I’m afraid this situation will expedite my replacement decision.

SO, I’m thinking of switching to Nexplanon and would love any input. On non-hormonal BC I’ve had some issues with heavy periods. Prior to my IUD I tried just about every hormonal BC available at the time and didn’t love any of them because they weren’t convenient. Nexplanon seems like a happy medium but I worry about the side effects. Should I trust that another paragard won’t be as painful? Is there another option people love that I’m not privy to?

submitted by /u/skullpture_garden
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments