Obstetrics - Persistent Yeast Infection- Candida albicans:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Persistent Yeast Infection- Candida albicans"

Hi everyone! I’m kind of at wit’s end here. I’ve had a persistent YI since the beginning of April and have tried all forms of over the counter medication as well as prescription. Nothing seems to work. My gyno indicated that I have Candida albicans but why is it that the easiest to treat strain is not going away with all this medication I’m taking?

I’ve been on 28 days of 100mg Flucanazole (Difulcan) and still no improvement. I have also tried 3 day Clomitrazole, 7 day Miconazole, 1 Day Monistat and 4 days worth of Boric Acid Suppositories. I don’t know what to do… my gyno is a male and i feel he doesn’t understand and doesn’t know much about this. He suggested to do 100mg of Difulcan 1/week for 6 months as a next protocol. Why does it need to take this long 😥

Has anyone ever had this issue and cured their YI after this long?

submitted by /u/aWizardBlizzard
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments