Obstetrics - Second fibroid has come to visit - 2 questions:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Second fibroid has come to visit - 2 questions"

TLDR; second fibroid is growing, 24 months after a successful myomectomy. Can I use this to pursue hysterectomy? Anything else I should think about?

In June 2020, I had a myomectomy to remove a large (6.8 x 5.7 x 5.0 cm) posterior intramural fibroid. I could sense the absence of pressure/weight immediately upon regaining consciousness. There was sharp soreness at the internal excision site, as I expected.

24 months later, I’ve never stopped experiencing internal twinges of sharp pain, upon onset of menses. I have a diagnosed connective tissue disorder (hEDS), so assumed a long healing period was coming, but finally got the opportunity to make a gyn appt. Had the internal Ultrasound, and there’s a 2cm fibroid growing. I have already been warned of complications in having children, bc my hips could dislocate, and my uterine wall is a little weaker, post-surgery. After the recovery I had from the myomectomy, and for personal beliefs…and age (late 30s), I see no need for a uterus. Specifically if she’s prone to growing fibroids.

Is this good documentation to get a uterine hysterectomy? I live in a new state, and am anxious about the troubles women face trying to get that procedure done.

Any other info or suggestions are welcome.

submitted by /u/HedsyZebsy
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments