Obstetrics - When to go to ER for debilitating period pain:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "When to go to ER for debilitating period pain"

For context, I'm 17 and have had my copper IUD for 6 months. I used to be on birth control, but the side effects were awful. Last month I had my strings cut and they disappeared. I had a cramp so severe that I couldn't stand, and had to leave work. I went to an emergency GYN appointment and was completely disregarded (I'm in contact with the manager of practice, that doctor was so awful). The strings reappeared after my period ended (cervical movement is wild). Since then, the strings disappeared again and this level of cramping is routine. I'll get hit with a horrific cramp while walking and have to lay on the ground for between 10 minutes and an hour. Ibuprofen helps somewhat, but not fully. I also have bleeding FAR above what is considered safe (around 270ml per cycle, I calculated using a menstrual cup and have since switched to pads/tampons because of IUD expulsion risk). My regular GYN is understanding, but hasn't taken any real action. Is it worth going to the ER when my cramps are this bad?

submitted by /u/HeadSurround7005
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments