Obstetrics - Would topical estrogen increase sex drive?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Would topical estrogen increase sex drive?"

Cross-posted from Askdocs in hope of more engagement.

I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding since November 2019. During this time my sex drive has been low most of the time. I definitely think this is hormonal, because my sex drive started to come back once I reduced breastfeeding enough that my cycle came back (and boom, pregnant a couple months later).

I know that prolactin suppresses estrogen, and this is why we sometimes don’t ovulate when breastfeeding. I’m pretty sure the suppression of estrogen contributes to low sex drive. I am wondering if topical estrogen (like the creams used to decrease vaginal irritation) could also boost sensation/increase sex drive? I wouldn’t want to take anything systemic as it would probably interfere with breastfeeding and also have other undesirable side effects, and I doubt any doc would prescribe it anyway. But wondering if the topical stuff might have any benefit.

I’m due next month, and would really like to have a sex drive soon, both for me and my poor husband who has been immensely understanding during the past few years.

submitted by /u/novaskyd
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments