Obstetrics - Asymptomatic uterine polyp -- do I really need further testing? sonohysterogram? 29f:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Asymptomatic uterine polyp -- do I really need further testing? sonohysterogram? 29f"

Hi Drs! I wish I could talk to my OBGYN about this but it's been a week and she won't call me back. I went for a pelvic US for LLQ pain. They ended up finding nothing there, but they incidentally found a "suspected uterine polyp." I don't have any of the symptoms (irregular bleeding, etc). They said this wouldn't be cause of LLQ pain. Gyn said when she gave results that I need a sonohysterogram. She said they're 99% benign .... so why do I need this extra testing? I want to know what next steps are/why this is necessary/if I'm going to also need a biopsy. she won't communicate with me and the office is being so rude...so I'm at a loss and stressed.

5’4, 108 lb. Good physical health. Mental health ocd depression and anxiety. Medications Lamictal 200mg daily and 1 mg Klonopin as needed.

submitted by /u/Slothbaby93
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments