Obstetrics - Could Mirena IUD become less effective over time? Advice would be great.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Could Mirena IUD become less effective over time? Advice would be great."

Hello! This is my first time posting here but its because my gyno care has been somewhat lackluster.

I have endometriosis, for which I had a Mirena IUD placed ~2.5 years ago. Prior to this, I was on the pill for about 5 years. My endometriosis systems were severe, literally blinding pain primarily during bowel movements. While on the IUD, I haven't had any pain or anything like a period... that is until recently...

A few months ago, I started getting some minor cramping every now and then. No big deal, that must happen sometimes. But then, the cramping becomes worse, and more frequent, and now I'm starting to bleed again and even having some more acute bowel pain.

I went to my gyno to get everything tested - everything's clear. IUD in place. No cysts. No STDs or infections. They say it may be gastrointestinal. I go to my PCP. She believes it's pelvic. I go back to the gyno to discuss my options as I am concerned my increased symptoms mean that the IUD is no longer an effective birth control. She says the only 100% birth control is to not have sex. Lol

Does anyone here know if an IUD can become less effective over time? Any idea why my symptoms are slowly coming back? And please please tell me if I should be getting this replaced or considering something else. Are there any sterilization procedures that help with endo??

I am moving to Texas soon and am paranoid that I will get an ectopic pregnancy and die. Lol

Thanks!

submitted by /u/eekbarbadurkle1
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments