Obstetrics - is waiting for better health insurance a bad call before removing a polyp?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "is waiting for better health insurance a bad call before removing a polyp?"

I recently had my fallopian tubes removed as well as a benign vaginal polyp (100% covered by insurance under preventative care) and in the process of the surgery the doctor noted I had a boggy uterus and was anemic. He recommended a transvaginal ultrasound and they saw a polyp in my uterus. The recommended treatment is to do a hysteroscopy to visualize the inside of my uterus and take a biopsy. And then if it's benign, do a d&c in a separate procedure to remove the polyp.

But if I do this then I will reach my out of pocket maximum on my insurance ~$8700 I don't have. When I picked my plan I was operating under the assumption that I was a healthy mid twenty y/o and wouldn't have to really use it. I'm 26 and have been having worse periods over the last two years with blood clots so I'm pretty sure the procedure would help with that and my anemia. I can switch to a different insurance plan when the market place opens up with a lower deductible and out of pocket max but then I couldn't get anything done until January.

Would waiting that long be a mistake? The clinic is trying to schedule in August. It seems like these polyps are usually benign and I've already been living with it for this long time so would 5 more months matter?

submitted by /u/gettsoutthere
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments