Obstetrics - Significant Bleeding 10 Days Post Period:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Significant Bleeding 10 Days Post Period"

Hello,

I thought this was just spotting but now it's been a few hours and the bleeding is getting heavier.

The last day of my period was about 10 days ago. I had no issues until this morning when I saw some very minor spotting. Eight hours later and the flow is getting heavier, not lighter. The blood is not congealed or similar in consistency to usual period blood. It is more watery but a very bright red. Should I be scared?

Some possibly relevant information: I had my IUD removed a few months ago. During the two years I had it, it made my periods a lot worse, to the point where I could not function. My pain was localized to what felt like the right side of my abdomen. My doctor at the time seemed unconcerned. I started taking birth control pills just over a month ago.

I recently switched jobs and won't have insurance for at least 2 more weeks. I just need some reassurance that I'm not dying and my reproductive organs aren't like, rotting away from the inside.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/roaddogsupreme
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments