Obstetrics - Daughter seems to have lost tampon in ocean:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Daughter seems to have lost tampon in ocean"

HELP!!! Hello, this is my first time here. My 15 year old daughter used a tampon for the first time today to swim at the beach. I did notice some bleed through on the crotch of her light colored suit and was surprised. I assumed her tampon had shifted. When she got home, there was no string. She said, it’s gone. I had her shower and wash her hands and:

  1. Bear down against the wall and push.

  2. Swirl her finger inside her vagina in a circle.

  3. Try two fingers.

  4. I asked her to make sure to feel around as deeply as she could.

Nothing.

I spoke to a halfhearted advice nurse who agreed it might have possibly fell out in the ocean or in the toilet at home before she went to remove it. She did not think it was necessary to go to ER.

My daughter’s swim bottoms did fall at a few points she said. We were joking about our suits swelling with water and air.

My daughter did said she felt a shift but didn’t think anything of it.

Anyway, this whole thing is very traumatic because I feel like if I don’t overreact it could possibly kill her, but I don’t want to take her an ER on a Sunday night for a traumatic experience if it really did fall out. I don’t think I should look for it as I am not an OB GYN! She says she will never us a tampon again.

Do I just believe it fell out and ask her to alert me to TSS or bacterial infection symptoms?

Has anyone had a tampon fall out at the beach in the surf? I’m pretty sure that is what happened but would be grateful for confirmation that it has happened to others.

submitted by /u/maypopfop
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments