Obstetrics - I’m 6 days late on my period but i got a negative test! Help!:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I’m 6 days late on my period but i got a negative test! Help!"

A little bit of background: I’ve had a very hard time with birth control the past 2 years with bad side effects and depression. last year, I went back on a birth control that i knew worked for me and took them consistently so I wouldn’t have a period. All was perfect until I had excruciating pain in my left ovary. My Dr couldn’t tell what it was from, but assumed it was a cyst. Exactly one month later, i had the pain again. Then i started getting the pain on the right side, and eventually my entire abdomen was getting these pain attacks every couple days. My dr and i both thought it could be endometriosis or pcos . I don’t have health insurance so we decided to ride it out until i could get insurance. Well, a few months later i got extremely depressed and decided id rather be alive with endo pain than self eliminate.

The crazy thing is, I’ve had no period pain! I’ve had 2 periods with only mild cramping . Yes, i had some slight cramping on ovulation days, but it was nothing compared to the past so i thought I was in the clear for any reproductive conditions!

Here is where we are now: I’m currently 6 days late on my period! I have been feeling a bit nauseous, my breast hurt, very tired, craving foods, and i cry every time i think about babies or i run out of my favorite food. on day 3 of my missed period i had clear with the slightest tint of brown discharge, but otherwise it has been clear or white. I took pregnancy tests on days 4 and 6 after my period was supposed to start…both negative.

I’m really scared. Either im pregnant and its just not showing up OR there is some underlying medical condition that’s messing everything up. I really want to be pregnant. I feel like im going crazy looking for signs and signals that will tell me what’s going on. I’m not a patient person. Someone please tell me things are going to be ok!

submitted by /u/Familiar-Friend-2577
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments