Obstetrics - Itching. I am at my wits end. Any idea what is causing this?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Itching. I am at my wits end. Any idea what is causing this?"

I (24F) have had persistent itching on my vulva (pretty much just on the lower right side of my labia minora and majora) since the end of May. No discharge or anything. Initially there wasn't any swelling either. I went to my primary doctor and found out it wasn't yeast, it wasn't BV. It's not an STD. I was referred to a GYN where I was told to change soaps, apply A&D ointment and hydrocortisone to help with the itching. So far I have done all those things, along with changing my detergent, washing my hair over the tub and not while I shower, only wearing breathable cotton underwear, no shaving, loose breathable pants, and cool water showers only. The itching hasn't stopped. Also I now have swelling redness and a whitish looking ulcer. I am so frustrated. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do or what this could be I would really appreciate it! :)

submitted by /u/hekishokuneko
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments