Obstetrics - Obgyn said I can have laughing gas for a dental procedure. Dentist said this is very dangerous for the baby. Google seems to agree with the dentist. Is laughing gas bad when pregnant?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Obgyn said I can have laughing gas for a dental procedure. Dentist said this is very dangerous for the baby. Google seems to agree with the dentist. Is laughing gas bad when pregnant?"

I have MASSIVE dental anxiety. When I got my medical clearance for dental work the NP at the obgyn office cleared me for laughing gas and said it won’t hurt the baby. I’m in my first trimester. The dentist says laughing gas is very bad when pregnant and pregnant employees aren’t allowed in the same room as laughing gas. Google seemed to say it was bad too. I’m aware women use it in labor sometimes; but the baby is fully developed by then. Is it advisable to use laughing gas in the first trimester? I have conflicting things I’m being told.

submitted by /u/BrokenHeartedMelody
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments