Obstetrics - I'm afraid of the gyno and idk why:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I'm afraid of the gyno and idk why"

I am a female in my late teens and am not sexually active, (nor have I ever been sexually assaulted), but when I even think about someone getting anywhere near my privates I want to cry. I have dealt with a few mental health issues in the past but never related to such issues. Even thinking too realistically of having sex with my boyfriend makes me want to cry and I get really scared and upset and curl up. Point being, I've been told a lot recently that i need to go see a gynecologist while I'm still on my parents insurance for atleast a checkup, but even hearing them say that makes me want to cry and hide and idk why. Advice? Any reasons out there as to what could make someone feel so strongly about this?

submitted by /u/bluebury_
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments