Obstetrics - Avoiding reoccurring Shoulder Dystocia:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Avoiding reoccurring Shoulder Dystocia"

My first child had was induced on their due date and had shoulder dystocia, and a week long NICU stay for blood sugar and antibiotics. They were almost 9 pounds. I’m pregnant again (32 weeks) and baby is measuring 50th percentile with 20 week anatomy scan and fundal height. I’ve tested negative for GD both pregnancies.

At the beginning of my pregnancy I was told I’d likely be induced to avoid another dystocia, but I’ve also heard induction makes dystocia more likely? I want to avoid an epidural so movement can help baby down, but Pitocin hurts like hell so I’d like to avoid it. Would I be completely off base to ask to go into labor on my own instead of another induction?

submitted by /u/Temporary-Hawk7113
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments