Obstetrics - C-section timing in setting of prior uterine surgery?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "C-section timing in setting of prior uterine surgery?"

I had a robotic myomectomy in May 2021 for a 10x10 anterior wall uterine fibroid. The resection did not breech the uterine cavity but the surgeon considered the fibroid size significant enough to warrant C-section only in the future. I am now 32 weeks with first pregnancy and am to be scheduled for elective C-section in a few weeks. My OBGYN wants to schedule for 37 weeks as she said I have a classical uterine incision. From my reading this puts me at a 4-9% chance of uterine rupture. However, I also found that babies have better outcomes when born by C-section at 38 and 39 weeks compared to 37 weeks. I would much prefer to wait until 38+3 or 4 to maximise baby's outcomes. Is this reasonable? I feel the chances of me going into spontaneous labour early are quite low. On a recent US, my baby is measuring normal size for dates, maybe even a little on the small side. I am also otherwise completely active and healthy with a normal BMI, (32 y/o).

submitted by /u/DLC_15
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments