Obstetrics - How do I get my doc to approve me for surgery?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "How do I get my doc to approve me for surgery?"

So I'm trans and unfortunately the hospital I'm under care at doesn't allow transition based surgeries, at first I didn't think anything of it since I figured it would be more work anyways, until now.

I have PCOS and I have a cyst on my endroeum (?) Or whatever it's called leading me to think I have endometriosis as well (grandma also had it) and I'm in constant pain every single day.

I have told my doctor this and she says the cyst is too small to warrant getting a hysto.

How the hell do I convince her?! Shouldn't the comfort at minimum of her patient be the most important thing here?!!

I want a hysto for many reasons, including cancer risk with my PCOS.

submitted by /u/Rogue_Expression
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments