Obstetrics - Surgery/hysteroscopy to remove masses from uterus. How to choose surgeon?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Surgery/hysteroscopy to remove masses from uterus. How to choose surgeon?"

I'm 34F. My gynecologist found three masses in my uterus last month. They're likely either polyps or fibroids as the biopsy of my uterus didn't show signs of cancer. I've never had this happen before and she recommends I get them removed before next year, as they're probably what's been causing the abnormal periods/spotting. However, the symptoms only started right after I got the covid vaccine and of course no one has any answers as to why. The spotting hasn't happened since July. Anyway...

I need to find a surgeon to remove the masses from my uterus. At the medical group I go to, where all my doctors are, there are 3 surgeons who could perform the surgery. I met with one, the most experienced, but he was arrogant, dismissive of my concerns (I have health concerns, mainly I am severely underweight, weak) and I just didn't like him. He has several bad reviews online. The second surgeon (the female one) has similar bad reviews online. Basically saying: run don't walk from this doctor; don't have them operate on you; they botched my surgery twice, etc. Really scary stuff. The third surgeon has a malpractice claim against him from 2020. Come to find out my own gynecologist, who I love, has one on her too from 2011. Baffling to me and confusing. Another provider told me many gynecologists have malpractice claims, but the two other surgeons don't, along with a few others from outside the practice that I looked up, for example.

I'm scared to get this surgery to begin with because of my health not being great (I am severely underweight, out of shape, scared of getting covid in the hospital, etc) and don't know how to find a good surgeon now that I am comfortable with. I don't know how in good conscious I can go with any of these three knowing something could go very wrong. Or am I overreacting? I've never had invasive surgery before and every though they say this is a "common" surgery, to me it's very scary.

submitted by /u/Marionberry24
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments