Obstetrics - Gyns- what do wet preps test for ?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Gyns- what do wet preps test for ?"

16, trans male on testosterone

My test results (wet preps mostly) never really specify what they test for and I’ll get a positive test for BV or yeast and stress out, but then not have symptoms. I asked my endocrinologist, and she said everyone’s vaginal microbiome varies and so the tests by themselves don’t mean much. Is that right and what do wet preps test for?

submitted by /u/PlayfulBlood2722
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments