Obstetrics - Over a year of mild discomfort and itching and no definite answers:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Over a year of mild discomfort and itching and no definite answers"

29 f USA. I am mildly itchy and have slight discomfort while urinating frequently. I don’t feel like I can get all of it out sometimes and it burns a little. It’s been happening for about a year.

First I thought I had a yeast infection, but it is too mild. I’ve had them before and they were way more intense than this. Then I thought I had jock itch, because my partner developed it shortly after we started having sex. But that turned out to be unrelated. So I was trying clotrimazole and then ketoconazole, and nothing worked while he quickly cleared up his problem with clotrimazole.

I saw a new doctor because the one I had been seeing ran out of ideas. They said it could be a side effect from birth control. But they referred me to a gynecologist first to see what she thought. She was unsure of what was wrong with me, and tested me for STDs for the 3rd time since this started. Everything’s always been negative.

I asked about ureaplasma, which I read about in another sub because the symptoms sounded so similar to mine. I assumed it was a common thing, but she had no idea how to test for it. It was something she had only encountered once before many years ago and had to refer the patient to a larger hospital somewhere (I live in a rural area). She was intrigued and thought this was a possibility so she just gave me some antibiotics. I thought it helped for a while, but symptoms returned. I have tried boric acid and miconazole and they don’t help.

I was given two rounds of antibiotics and told to only take one, but if it didn’t get better, wait a week and take another one. I felt ok after the first round and decided to not do the second since it gave me awful stomach side effects.

What should I do now? I’ve been to the dr so many times for this, I don’t want to waste my time going back to no answers again.

What’s the next best step for this? Antibiotics again? It definitely doesn’t seem fungal. Time to see if the birth control pill is causing this? I took the pill for years before this started so I don’t know why it would suddenly be giving me side effects.

My partner has never had any symptoms.

submitted by /u/Nightmare_snails
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments