Obstetrics - would i have to get an internal when bringing up period related concerns?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "would i have to get an internal when bringing up period related concerns?"

hi i’ve had period issues for as long as i can remember but i’m too scared to go to the doctors purely because i’m too scared to get an internal. i’m 18 and not sexually active. i know people say oh but they’re used to it but i’m a) insecure and b) really uncomfortable with the idea of it.

i have bad period pains during my period and pain between periods. i get both the whole cramps style aches as well as that horrid stabbing pain in either side (or sometimes both) of my groin. my cycles are very irregular, i’m currently on day 58 of my cycle with no sign of my period coming. i think it might soon as i’ve been getting a lot of pain and swelling up top.

i can’t go on the pill due to family history of clotting nor do i particularly want to just be sort of waved off (as if it’s nothing) as i’ve heard that’s common for people who present with period issues. i have family history of endometriosis and pcos (my sister has both and my cousin has pcos). and if it’s relevant my aunt has stage 4 terminal ovarian cancer, my nan also had breast cancer.

i’m just sick of the pain and having to plan my life around my periods which is very hard to do when it’s irregular. i’m constantly cancelling things last minute cos i’ll randomly start my period which obviously leaves me in pain (which let me tell u has cost me some money in driving lessons)

i just don’t know what to do because i know i won’t do an internal,

(i’ll do my smear test when the time comes because that’s urgent but that’s also a few years away so i’m anticipating i might feel differently.) i’m just sick of this

just a little info for cycle lengths: 21aug - current (58-) 12jul - 20aug (40) 2jun - 11jul (40) 18apr - 1jun (45) 14mar - 17apr (35) 5feb - 13mar (37)

23dec2021 - 4feb2022 (44) 21nov - 22dec (32) 13oct - 20nov (39) 6sep - 12oct (37) 11jul - 5sep (57) 20may - 10jul (52) 17apr - 19may (33) 10mar - 16apr (38) 2feb - 9mar (36)

28dec 2020 - 1feb 2021 (36)

i won’t go back any further as this gives a good idea of variety

i’d appreciate advice

submitted by /u/hypedonbathsalts
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments