Obstetrics - Periods twice a month:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Periods twice a month"

Hello,

I'm 36. Just got off birth control 2 weeks ago (Kyleena IUD). Am currently breastfeeding a toddler 3 times a day. My family doesn't have a history of early menopause. I am not pregnant. Also a non smoker, drinker or drug user if it matters. I am not on any medications besides some Nasal steroid spray for allergies.

Both while having my IUD and while not having it I seem to be getting my period twice a month for the last 3 months. It's heavier than spotting and lasts 5ish days each time, sometimes 7. This has been happening for 3 months, previous to that I was not having periods thanks to my IUD. Before my IUD that I got 7 months postpartum I was having my usual 28 day cycle, though it was heavy bleeding for 7 to 10 days. I was having low iron issues so I got the IUD to help. It felt displaced and uncomfortable so I just got it removed. I was hoping the heavy periods last year were maybe a side effect from my Pfizer vaccines, based on the timing and figured the problem was resolved by now. Before pregnancy I had a regular 28 day cycle with moderate flow.

Just wondering some potential causes for these irregular/ frequent periods? I am just recently without a ObGyn due to a shortage in my area. I intend to ask my family doctor about it, but I am a few weeks out from an appointment and was just curious about general insight.

submitted by /u/Penguinatortron
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments