Obstetrics - Uterine Polyp while breastfeeding:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Uterine Polyp while breastfeeding"

What would cause one to develop an Uterine Polyp while breastfeeding? Some basic google searching indicated that it’s assumed most polyps develop due to high estrogen, but I don’t think this applies in my case.

My OBGYN ran some blood work and performed an ultrasound at my request after I’ve been experiencing some abdominal pain and unusual bleeding over the last few months. Blood work came back normal but the ultrasound indicated an uterine polyp. We are scheduling a Hysteroscopy in a few weeks to remove the polyp - but I’m curious as to what might have caused this? How likely is it due to a retained placenta?

Some additional information: I’m 26, currently 8 months postpartum with my second baby. My girls are 16 months apart, I haven’t had a period since September 2019. I have never been on birth control and practice NFP by measuring temperature, checking mucous, and using ovulation test strips. Both babies were breastfed - the first I stopped after 9 months when I realized I was pregnant, currently still breastfeeding the second. I am not overweight and have had no complications during either pregnancy and (up until now) have had no major health issues.

submitted by /u/CPAturnedHousewife
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments