Obstetrics - 3 Month long periods with Paragard:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "3 Month long periods with Paragard"

Hey y’all!

tl;dr: period for months on end.

I received my copper IUD february of 2021, at 16, because i have a history of mental illness and am terrified of hormones haha. Initially it hurt so bad, but after 4 weeks of bleeding (which, i visited planned parenthood where i received it and they said that was normal) my period regulated until my IUD expulsed in July of 2021.

I got another Copper IUD in August of 2021 and have had it since!

But….my periods…..are incredibly, incredibly long.

From March 2022-now, I have had one single week with no bleeding. before that, i had a period for two months. Granted, it’s heavy probably once or twice every two weeks, and never cramp, but..clearly this isn’t normal.

I keep hoping it’ll stable out, and it doesn’t.

Is this my own hormones? I know that copper just makes periods heavier and slightly longer, and otherwise it’s just whatever is going on with your body, so is this the case here? I was thinking of getting my blood drawn to check for my hormone levels..

Thank you guys so much!

submitted by /u/motivation-cat
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments