Obstetrics - Atypical Glandular Cells:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Atypical Glandular Cells"

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting on here. I recently went in for my first Pap smear (26F). I didn’t expect anything to come back, however the results showed atypical glandular cells and epithelial cell abnormality. My doctor did an ultrasound and found that my endometrial stripe was heterogenous and 11mm thick. I had two cervical biopsies and an endometrial biopsy, all came up with benign results. Even with the benign results my doctor has scheduled me for a hysteroscopy and D&C due to abnormal bleeding (had a period that lasted for a month along with bleeding between cycles), a concerning spot on my uterus, and family history.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Should I be worried about cancer? Sorry for such a long post.

submitted by /u/luminousunknown
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments