Obstetrics - Mirena coil- has anyone else experienced this?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Mirena coil- has anyone else experienced this?"

Hi - first time posting. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced what I have recently as I’m left feeling a bit confused. I had the coil put in about 3 years ago. It took a while to settle and was painful at first but after a few weeks was fine. I’ve had no problems with it for over 3 years. However in the last couple months I started getting heavy painful bleeds and very sharp shooting pains and felt like something sharp was pressing on my insides (e.g when I sat down it would really hurt). My doctor did a scan, found fluid on my uterus but that bloods were normal and told me I must have an infection and gave me antibiotics. However that didn’t help. I suggested there must be something wrong with the coil as I also found sex had become painful and caused the shooting pains. My doctor insisted (after examining) the coil was in the correct place and it wasn’t anything to do with the coil. Eventually after a lot of insisting, the doctor agreed to take it out and I’ve felt pretty much immediately better. No pain! Has anyone else had a similar experience? Just don’t know what to make of this really

submitted by /u/Silly_Finger8175
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments