Obstetrics - Question about recent traumatic birth- baby was OP, in distress and needed assisted delivery- should the OB have known?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Question about recent traumatic birth- baby was OP, in distress and needed assisted delivery- should the OB have known?"

I just need some clarity and answers. I recently gave birth and my sweet baby was (unknowingly) OP or sunny side up- although the OB had me pushing for two hours and it was not until my baby was in distress and another physician was called in that this was recognized and we proceeded with an emergency assisted delivery. The OB who was called in mentioned they would typically turn the baby but there was no time as baby was in distress. Thankfully we got him out, but he had a NICU stay and complications from the delivery. The hospital was short staffed and I cannot understand why no one recognized he was OP before the chief OB came in, took a quick look and made the call? Should someone not have recognized this? Could this all not have been avoided? I guess I’m looking for some validation here that someone should have known he was flipped, and if not, that can give me some peace that a potentially grave mistake was not made.

submitted by /u/Ok_Cartographer_9816
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments