Obstetrics - How likely is an impromptu biopsy during a colposcopy to find high grade (CIN3) changes?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "How likely is an impromptu biopsy during a colposcopy to find high grade (CIN3) changes?"

Can gynaecologists eyeball the difference?

I had a routine pap smear, found low grade changes (this has happened for a few years now unfortunately my body is just not clearing it), had a colposcopy yesterday and during it the Dr saw something which made him decide to take a few biopsies. I’ve had 2 colposcopies before but as far as I know they were just an exam and swab no biopsy. It was the same Gynaecologist this time as the last one.

Im getting the results in 2 and a half weeks. I’m trying to conceive (35 years old). The dr said if its low grade changes I proceed like normal, if it’s high grade changes I have to wait 6 months after a procedure to remove the cells to TTC. That will bring forward some other life decisions around work and moving that we put off for a while because I have good benefits in my current job in case TTC worked quickly.

I know no one can really tell me and I just have to wait it out, but if anyone has stories about pap results/ a colposcopy and impromptu biopsy I’d love to hear them. Good or tough.

submitted by /u/Troublesome_Geese
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments