Obstetrics - Light bleeding and discharge in middle of cycle:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Light bleeding and discharge in middle of cycle"

I (24F) have been experiencing thick jelly like discharge on and off throughout my cycle for about 6 months now. During my annual visit in June the doctor said this was likely due to ovulation. I had a Pap smear done last year that came back normal, and have recently been tested for STDS and yeast/BV (all normal). However, I’ve noticed light bleeding in the discharge at times that is brown/pinkish and I’m wondering if this is normal. Sometimes it will happen after my period which makes sense, but also during random other times throughout my cycle. I’ve especially noticed this discharge come out during and after bowel movements. I don’t usually have any pelvic pain, except for occasionally during sex it can be uncomfortable in certain positions. I also have struggled with recurrent BV and yeast, but again as of a week ago was negative for them. Is this something I should be concerned about? Or just normal cycle spotting?

Edit: I forgot to mention I am not currently on any birth control

submitted by /u/calicat1215
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments