Obstetrics - LMP 4 weeks ago:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "LMP 4 weeks ago"

I just found out I’m pregnant via four home tests (two blue paper tests were faintly positive five days ago, with another paper test strongly positive and a digital test positive yesterday). They can’t get me in until eight weeks, which is apparently standard practice in America (to me, this is insane, as organogenesis happens weeks 3-8). What should I look out for? I don’t smoke or do recreational drugs, I’m monogamous, I take prenatal vitamins, and I’ve been avoiding: -caffeine (admittedly, I’m not perfect with this and occasionally have a cup of coffee) -alcohol -unpasteurized cheese -litter boxes -Zika-endemic places -ibuprofen -seafood in general (out of preference) I do fly for work and socially, and because of my occupation, I don’t sleep as much as I should. I’ve been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for over a decade and doing well with that. I take a vegetarian iron supplement. I have two pet cats and hike and bike for fun. I’ve been doing endurance sports for the past two decades. I’m 33 years old with a BMI of 19-20, and my mom had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant at age 27 and twenty pounds lighter than I am despite being the same height. There seem to be a ton of restrictions for pregnancy, so please let me know what I’m missing or if I’m doing things wrong. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/CrashleyMD
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments