Obstetrics - no period, no ovulation?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "no period, no ovulation?"

hi, i am 23f and my last period was 50 days ago. i am essentially overdue (ive been on a 40-45 day cycle recently). i was also recently diagnosed with PCOS in march of 2022. i am symptomatic for PCOS but my T4 and TSH are within range, but my TPA is over the roof (at 824 when <5 is called within range). i haven’t had an ultrasound yet but i am going to ask my PCP about it at my next visit. i want to see if i also have polycystic ovaries (because not all people diagnosed with PCOS do… weirdly enough!) side note i have a family history of hypothyroidism.

for the last 2-3 days, i have noticed some brown/old blood when i wipe. i am not bleeding or even spotting. it’s only when i wipe. and i had some spotting after my 2 mile run.

what does this mean? i was almost excited that my period was starting but no, that’s not the case. i was reading and saw that this might mean i just didn’t ovulate this month. does that sound right? does anyone else have experience with this?

thanks a bunch

submitted by /u/Inevitable_Return_42
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments