Obstetrics - Painful fibroadenoma:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Painful fibroadenoma"

3 weeks back I[28F] found a lump in my right breast. I consulted a GP that referred me to a radiologist. I was told that I have fibroadenoma and suggested a follow up after 6 months - for a year. For the past few days I've been getting sharp shooting pain on my right breast. It comes and goes. I do feel a similar dull shooting pain on my left breast but it is not as prominent or frequent as on my right.

The pain occurs around the area where the lump is and at the same time It doesn't hurt when I touch the lump itself. I also noticed that it started right after my periods but I'm not sure if it is cyclical because it has only been 3 weeks.

Is this normal? What could be causing this? I'm scared and super anxious and undoubtedly super uncomfortable when I feel the sensation on my tit. Should I see the GP again and get it removed? Please help me with the best course of action because I'm sort of freaking out :(

submitted by /u/lexybot
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments