Obstetrics - Cervical biopsy result interpretation:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Cervical biopsy result interpretation"

33f. I recently had an abnormal Pap smear showing LSIL and got test results back for having high risk HPV, so my doctor referred me to a gynecologist who could do a biopsy.

She biopsied three places, the first came back unremarkable, and the other two had the same result:

Benign endocervical glandular epithelium and stroma with associated moderate chronic inflammation, negative for dysplasia and/or squamous elements.

I got my results on MyChart, but unfortunately, the gynecologist clinic isn’t connected to it, so I can’t message the doctor for clarification. Someone from the clinic called today to say they just want me to come back in 6 months for a follow up pap but didn’t explain the results.

I tried googling and the best I could come up with was polyps?? I’m assuming “negative for dysplasia” = no LSIL?

I’m not super worried about it since the doctor doesn’t want to do anything immediately, but I just want to know what it means, if someone could help explain it. Please and thank you!

submitted by /u/buttercuppp000
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments