Obstetrics - Concerned about odor that has lasted for years:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Concerned about odor that has lasted for years"

For background, I was on testosterone for about 5-6 years and have identified as trans. I have been off for over a year. This made me nervous to get the help I needed because not everyone is accepting off that and obgyn offices made me feel uncomfortable. I would really appreciate people being respectful and sensitive to this topic in the replies.

I have been experiencing a smell that has been concerning. I think the best way I can describe it is roast beef and kind of musty ? I dealt with slightly green/yellow discharge and it has mostly gone away but the smell has lasted I would say 2-3 years. It's something I am extremely insecure about. I finally got the courage to do a urine and swab test. Nothing came back. They tested for all kinds of stds/stis and bacterial vaginosis.

I am not sure what to do and don't know what the cause of this could be. I considered maybe it was from a hormonal imbalance but not sure if that could affect odor like that. I do notice that the discharge comes back after being penetrated. Either by toy or finger, that day and the next day I will deal with strange discharge. But the smell is constant and strong.

I also saw that this specific smell could be caused by a left in tampon but testosterone stops periods. I also hate tampons I've only used like 3 in my entire life, so I would strongly doubt that is the cause.

Please help with any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated. I am worried about getting rid of this smell and want to go back to being healthy and confident again.

submitted by /u/neutralmanor
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments