Obstetrics - Could this be scar tissue at my urethral entrance?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Could this be scar tissue at my urethral entrance?"

How can I tell if I potentially have some scar tissue on genital skin?

I have some redundant vestibule tissue (normal, I do have a lot of it too but nothing too crazy) but this tissue also attaches to the inside of urethra. Both the pelvic floor therapist I'm seeing rn said its kinda unique. We also both agree the tissue itself isn't likely to be scar tissue, at all. This tissue is also highly sensitive. I have vulvodynia which seems to present with in that tissue and in some inflammation and irritation that comes and goes around the vaginal entrance.

I'm wondering if the way it attaches to my urethra is potentially due to a band of scar tissue? I had a pretty bad catheter insertion as a kid (super painful, screaming and crying, had to be held down by two nurses and my mom was told to leave the room). I'm wondering if this possibly caused that attachment? Or, if it just was always like that. I cant really tell. I emailed my pelvic floor therapist and she said it's possible, but I wanna know what some other people might think as well.

It would be really old scar tissue if so, and I know it may not be possible to tell if it is congenital or not.

I can attach a link to pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/UMe32NY

I tried to include enough pics to give a good idea of how the tissue looks and how it attaches to the urethra.

submitted by /u/whatsupwithmycrotch
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments