Obstetrics - My period was two weeks late, I took three negative tests, then got my period, and now I have a positive test and I’m confused.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "My period was two weeks late, I took three negative tests, then got my period, and now I have a positive test and I’m confused."

I have an extremely regular period, every 28 days plus or minus a day. And have for many years. I do not take any birth control. I had my period July 2nd and then when my period hadn’t come by the 2nd of August, I waited a week and took a test. It said negative. Waited a couple more days, took another and it was also negative. Waited a couple more days and it was also negative. I had just started buspirone a month before and had read a few places that it could delay periods so I just assumed that is what was going on. On August 16th, I finally got my period. It was a very heavy flow, with bad cramps, but that’s not been super abnormal for me lately. A week or so later, I noticed that foods were tasting funny and my breasts were a little tender/swollen. So I waited a couple days and took another pregnancy test on a whim and it was positive. I took another one today just to be sure and it was also positive. Clearly I am pregnant, but I have no clue how far along because of how wonky my periods were. I live in a red state and don’t know exactly what I want to do yet. I’m scared to go to the doctor before I know. And I know clinics are really hard to get into right now. Not knowing how far along I am makes a huge difference in my choices. Any ideas on what’s going on with me or which period I should measure by?

submitted by /u/saltyfacewater
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments