Obstetrics - Recurring yeast infections:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Recurring yeast infections"

Hi! I’ve had “recurring” yeast infections since I was 15. Maybe one every two years or so. At 17 I went on the pill and since then I’ve had one at least once a year. I took the pill until May, a few months before turning 23. I think being so many years on the pill messed me up inside (for example I was having heavy IBS-like symptoms and problems absorbing vitamins until I stopped taking it) but since stopping I’ve had like 3 different yeast infections. One happened because I was taking heavy antibiotics for a pretty bad case of strep throat. But the other two… I don’t know. It’s hot where I live and I sweat a lot plus I had to work under the sun during the summer so I was drenching in sweat every morning, which I guess is perfect breeding ground for yeast infections. Plus I’m still recovering from years worth of B-12 and Vitamin D defficiency and that doesn’t help at all. It’s really frustrating. I have an appointment with my gyn at the end of the month but tonight, after sweating for the whole day again, I felt that familiar feeling down there and I guess I’ll have to try to move the appointment closer. I just wanted to vent a little bit, see if anyone struggles/has struggled with the same issues and ask for some recommendations. I always wear stretchy underwear made of cotton and pants that leave enough room to breathe, but I don’t know what else to do.

submitted by /u/radddaway
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments