Obstetrics - vaginal swab shortly after period?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "vaginal swab shortly after period?"

I am currently on my period but anticipate it ending any day now. I am going in on Friday (3 days from now) for a few vaginal swab tests and a urine test. They are as follows:

Mycoplasma/ureaplasma Bacterial vaginosis Yeast Routine Urine culture

My questions are, if my period ends in the next day or two but there is still a small amount of residual blood left in my vaginal canal, can this affect any of these tests results? If by some chance I am still on my period, should I reschedule?

Reasons for tests, if it matters are as follows:

I am doing a test of cure for ureaplasma that I was treated for a month ago. I want my urine rechecked as my culture was normal last time aside from a high ph of 8.5. I also want to be checked for yeast and bv as I've had a small amount of itching lately.

submitted by /u/AvailableCranberry29
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments