Obstetrics - Bartholin cyst care after draining:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Bartholin cyst care after draining"

About 3 days ago, I developed an aching pain on the left back portion of my labia in the middle of sex. I could feel a round bump inside with a good amount of swelling. I did some online research (I know, not recommended) and narrowed it down to a Bartholin cyst.

I would have gone to my doctor's office or urgent care but I have been out of town since then. Plus I know that the best they could do for me is give me pain relief and tell me to take sitz baths (hard to do when I'm not in my own home where I can't sanitize the bathtub).

It was extremely uncomfortable and painful especially when trying to fall asleep. The right labia also developed some irritation due to rubbing against the swollen left side. But after 2 days I woke up to far less pain and what I can only assume is pus and a small amount of blood.

Since then, I have been trying to express any extra pus/liquid that may be accumulating so that the duct won't get blocked as easily. Keeping it clean as much as I can with my current resources.

My issue currently is that the opening of my vagina seems to be a little raw and there seems to be a burning sensation when I use the bathroom. Not sure if the tissue is irritated from extra rubbing still and gets even more irritated when it is stretched as the pelvic floor relaxes when I use the bathroom. Or is this a normal side effect of recovering from a bartholin cyst?

I had a pap smear and STD panel only a month ago and had a clean bill of health. I also had my husband inspect the area to see if he sees any irritation at the opening and he says it looks normal color.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. This is a very new experience for me and I will follow up with my doctor as soon as the long weekend is over. I just want some peace of mind.

submitted by /u/lmccanfield
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments