Obstetrics - Second abnormal pap smear @ 23:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Second abnormal pap smear @ 23"

I have been seeing the gynecologist regularly since I turned 21. My first pap smear was normal. The second came back as abnormal cells of undetermined amount (or however they say it). I just saw I have a missed call from my OBGYN to discuss test results, so I know what that means. I did a colposcopy last year and no biopsy was taken because everything looked normal. I’m interested to see if I’ll need another one. Is it normal to have more than one abnormal smear? Should I get a second opinion?

submitted by /u/clockwork1883
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments