Obstetrics - weird "period" if I can call it that?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "weird "period" if I can call it that?"

Hello! I'm new here and this is on mobile so I apologize in advance if formatting is off

I (27F) just had what I can only call a weird period and I am wondering if this is normal?

Background that could be relevant: my period was due October 10th (so I'm 12 days late), I suffered a miscarriage in july as well as ended 15 months of breastfeeding in September so my hormones have been all over the place, I was covid positive on October 6th (am since symptom free as of about a week ago), I also have VWD (so I traditionally get very heavy bleeding with periods, I spot heavier then normal, and my implantation bleeding with my one of my past pregnancies was mistaken for a period all as an example of effects of the VWD)

So I went on a road trip this weekend and yesterday in the car I felt the obvious "gush" of period blood. Stopped at a gas station and sure enough I had blood on my underwear. It was super watery, and I only say that because the gush immediately came through my underwear and stained my pants. I inserted a tampon and pad and went on with my day. Usually I change my tampons about once an hour with a normal period but nothing was coming through/it wasnt full. I changed it at the 7/8 hour mark and it was painfully dry, not even a tinge of pink on it as well as no blood on the pad obviously.

I replaced the tampon anyways because I bleed heavy over night but in the morning, same thing. Dry, no blood no color. I used one more to be safe thinking maybe it was just a weird flow but again, 8 hour mark I changed it and it had nothing on it.

So I had one "gush", then nothing at all. So was this a period? Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Also to add, I do have a history of miscarriages at multiple points in my pregnancies and I am absolutely certain this was not that (as someone has asked me that irl at this point). But any thoughts? It would be much appriciated just because I've been having a lot of anxiety around my menstrual cycle since my more recent loss.

Thank you

Edit: spelling error and time frame for ending breastfeeding

submitted by /u/rhilla
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments